What are the documents required to obtain approval from the Ministry to attend foreign tournaments / seminars / courses?
- Completed application form obtained from the Department of Sports Development or through the website
- Cover letter of the relevant association
- Invitation or Official Notice of Competition / Seminar / Course
- Letter of selection committee (three people including the Chairman of the Selection Committee)
How many days should the approval be submitted for approval to participate in foreign tournaments / seminars / courses?
All correspondence must be submitted to the Department of Sports Development 14 days before the competition / course / seminar.
- Request letter of the relevant association
- One copy each, including the original invoice of the request and all relevant documents
- The following information pertaining to the request should be completed and submitted to the Ministry
|01||(a) Direct Import – Bill of Lading No/Airway Bill No.|
|(b) Indirect Import – BOI approval/Bonded WareHouse approval/Any other Agencies approval (if N0 1 (a) is not available)|
|02||Commercial Invoice No|
|03||(a) Re Export/ Temporary|
|(b) Consumable/ Permanent (If 03 (a) is not available)|
|04||Packing List No. (If Direct Import)|
|05||Description of Consignment|
What is the procedure for making a complaint to a Sports Minister / Sports Development Department regarding a Sports Association / Conference / Sports Person?
- An amount of Rs. 5000/= for administrative expenses incurred to investigate the complaint should be paid to the Ministry of Sports and the receipt should be submitted with the relevant complaint.
- Upon inquiry into the complaint, the party who lodged the complaint or if it was proved that the complaint was correct, action will be taken to repay the above sum.